Scripture memory is such an important part of our Christian Faith! It is vital to pass our beliefs to the next generation. Sometimes, I wonder what would happen if there were not any more Bibles. Would we remember The Word? How much of it could we recollect? I know for myself, many of the verses that I remember, I learned as a child in a scripture memory club. These verses are still with me today! How malleable the mind of a child must be. Recently, I came up with a few games to help my children and others learn memory verses. Most of the materials I used, I was able to get a the Dollar Store. Here is the first game:
Clothes Pin Game
Materials: Pack of clothes pins, hanger, sharpie marker
How to Create the Game:
- Pick a verse that you want your child (or yourself) to memorize.
- Write one word from the verse at a time on each clothes pin.
- After you have written all the words, put them in order.
- Have the child read the verse.
- Put the words out of order on the hanger.
- Have the child put the words back into order.
- Continue to practice, practice, practice!
This is the first in a series of ways to memorize the Bible. How do you have you kids or yourself memorize the Bible?